Most people will vouch that one of the best washing machine brands is Whirlpool.
And if you are familiar with whirlpool washers, you may have encountered the Load and Go feature.
The Load and Go technology is a great feature that allows you to add detergent once and dispense automatically for up to 20-40 loads.
Even though it’s an amazing feature and works well, consumers have complained about setbacks or problems they encounter while using the Load and Go feature.
In this article, we will discuss all the common problems users face with their Load and Go and provide solutions to help you fix them.
|Load and Go Problem
|1. Load and Go dripping detergent
|– Check that the dispenser is not overfilled.
– Clean the dispenser to remove any residue
– Ensure you are using the correct detergent consistency for your machine.
|2. Load and Go not working at all
|– Ensure Load and Go has been enabled
– Check for blockages and clean the dispenser to remove any debris.
-Ensure dispenser door is well closed.
|3. Dispenser reading 100% capacity after several washes
|– Check for blockages and clean the dispenser to remove any debris.
– Reset the dispenser by unplugging the machine for a few minutes and plugging it back in.
|4. Dispenser fills up with water and never empties.
|– Check for clogs or blockages
– Check the inlet hose to ensure it’s not punctured or clogged
|5. Load and Go not dispensing detergent properly
|– Ensure you’re using the right consistency and compatible detergent for the feature.
– Clean the dispenser for any blockages.
|6. Loud Clicking sounds on Load and Go dispenser
|– Check for obstructions or debris in the dispenser
– Ensure proper installation of the dispenser drawer
|7. Control system error codes
|– Reset washer
Table of Contents
Read Also: Whirlpool washing machine soak cycle times.
Loud Clicking sounds on Load and Go dispenser
Whirlpool Load and Go washing machines are generally quite washers.
However, you may observe some loud, noisy clicks from the dispenser.
It’s quite hard to get used to these if you dislike noisy washers.
Absence of Load and Go for fabric softener
One of the great flexes with Load and Go technology is that it significantly reduces laundry time and makes it easy and much less of a hustle.
Just imagine being able to load up to 40 loads of laundry into the washer, and it dispenses the appropriate amount of detergent for each load.
But the problem is that there is no such feature for fabric softener.
You still have to add fabric softener manually for each load. This can be a pain, especially if you do a lot of laundry.
It’s frustrating when you must load the fabric softener each time you wash clothes.
It seems like it defeats the purpose of having a Load and Go setting if you still have to put in the fabric softener by hand each time.
While some people may see this as a minor inconvenience, others feel it’s a big setback that needs to be improved in later models.
Whirlpool might incorporate an additional Load and Go for fabric softener in the future.
Load and Go dispenser only works with Liquid detergent
One issue with the Load and Go dispenser is that it only works for liquid detergent.
You can’t use the Load and Go feature if you have powdered detergent.
This is problematic at times when you only have powdered detergent at your disposal.
Then, you’ll need to measure and pour your detergent straight into the tub manually.
Bypassing Load and Go feature instruction is difficult to find
Most people opt for this washer because of the much-talked-about Load and Go feature.
The Load and Go can be set to a range of 2x-10x.
That means it literally dictates how much detergent you need to use.
It’s usually correct but sometimes, you want to dispense your own amount.
Probably use less detergent.
So you would like to skip the Load and Go feature.
It’s quite a hustle as Whirlpool’s user manual doesn’t clearly lay out how to do that.
So although it can be done, you may need to search well for the “how”.
Doesn’t Always dispense the right amount of detergent
One of the issues with the Load and Go is that, it’s sometimes not able to dispense the right amount of detergent needed to clean your clothes.
This is especially the case when you have very soiled and dirty clothes in the wash.
Even though the detergent level in the Load and Go may appear to reduce in level, your clothes may still have some stains on them due to inadequate detergent.
In such instances, you are forced to manually add detergent by yourself.
Whirlpool Load and Go not dispensing detergent
If your Whirlpool washing machine with the Load & Go system is not dispensing detergent, there could be a number of possible causes:
- Detergent dispenser clogged: Check the detergent dispenser for any blockages or clogs that may be preventing the detergent from dispensing. Clean the dispenser thoroughly and make sure that it is free of any debris or buildup.
- Empty detergent container: If the Load & Go system is empty, it won’t be able to dispense detergent. Make sure that the Load & Go container is properly filled with detergent and that the lid is securely closed.
- Dispenser malfunction: If the dispenser mechanism is not working properly, it may be preventing the detergent from dispensing. You may need to have a professional service technician inspect and repair the dispenser.
- Control system error: In some cases, the control system in the washing machine may have an error that is preventing the Load & Go system from dispensing detergent. You may need to perform a reset of the machine or have a professional service technician diagnose and repair the issue.
Whirlpool load and go troubleshooting
If you’re having trouble with your Whirlpool Load & Go, there are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue.
Here are some common issues and solutions:
- Load and Go is not dispensing detergent:
- Ensure that the detergent dispenser is properly filled with the correct type of detergent.
- Check that the dispenser door is properly closed.
- Make sure the detergent dispenser is not clogged.
- Load and Go is not dispensing fabric softener:
- Ensure that the fabric softener dispenser is properly filled with fabric softener.
- Check that the dispenser door is properly closed.
- Make sure the fabric softener dispenser is not clogged.
- Load and Go is dispensing too much or too little detergent:
- Check the detergent dispenser for any blockages or clogs.
- Make sure the dispenser is properly filled with detergent.
- Ensure that the dispenser door is properly closed.
- Check the dispenser settings and make sure the correct amount of detergent is selected for the cycle.
If you’re considering a Whirlpool washing machine with the Load and Go feature, it’s important to be aware of the potential problems.
While the feature can be a great time-saver, it’s worth knowing some of the setbacks it has so that you don’t get caught off guard thinking it was a 100% technology.
Overall, Whirlpool Load and Go are one of the best washing you can find out there.
Have you had any experience with the Whirlpool Load and Go problems? Let us know in the comments!