Do you remember those times you have to deal with stubborn stains on your laundry?
Whether it’s grass stains from a day at the park or red wine spills from a dinner party, getting stains out of clothes can be a real headache.
You may be wondering about the meaning of Stain Care on your LG washing machine.
Well, the LG Stain Care option is there to help you tackle those tough stains with ease.
Stain Care is an option on LG washers that is used for heavily soiled clothes that require stain treatment by increasing the wash temperature that removes multiple stains in a single cycle.
The LG stain care cycle is an option that enhances your washer’s cleaning performance by extending the wash cycle time for your washer depending on the load size and settings chosen.
In this article, we’ll be discussing the LG Stain Care cycle and all the things you need to know to make the most of this feature.
What is LG Stain Care Option?
The Stain Care option is available in select LG washers and it is used for fabrics that need special stain treatment. It does that by increasing the wash temperature to remove stains in one cycle.
The Stain Care option is used for enhancement purposes and used in conjunction with a main cycle option and is designed for optimum stain removal.
As such, Stain Care may be selected as an option with the COTTON/NORMALl Cycle and HEAVY DUTY cycle.
When you select Stain Care, warm water will be sued to start your chosen cycle so that there will be no setting of certain stain types.
As the wash progresses, the water temperature will be increased higher to remove all the stains that can only be removed under high temperatures.
- For optimum clothes care, wash only small loads, less than 8 lbs.
- If you select STAIN CARE™, the COLDWASH™ option becomes automatically not available.
- If you select Stain Care along the Sanitary Cycle, the cycle will start will very hot water which cannot be changed because that is the default.
How to use Stain Care on LG washer
- Turn on your washer
- Press the “SPECIAL USE” button until the STAIN CARE indicator light come on
- Press the START/PAUSE button
- Your washer will start automatically
What is Stain Cycle?
The Stain cycle is an enhancement option that is selected with other wash cycles. All that the Stain cycle does is extend the wash time of the cycle to provide additional time for enhanced wash performance.
The time added by the Stain cycle depends on the load size and wash cycle selected.
The stain Cycle is different from the Stain Care option with uses high temperatures to washing fabrics.
Related Article: LG Sanitary Cycle? (How To Use It Effectively)
When to use Stain Care on LG
As mentioned earlier, Stain Care is used for heavily soiled fabrics that require hot water to improve their cleaning.
Below are some of the stains with which you can employ the Stain Care option:
Dirt and mud stains can be difficult to remove, especially if they are allowed to dry on the fabric.
The LG Stain Care option can help to remove these stains by using high water temperature and agitation to break down the dirt and mud.
- Dye and Marker
Dye and marker stains can be particularly stubborn, but the LG Stain Care cycle can help to remove them.
The cycle’s high water temperature can help to break down the dye and marker, Additionally, using a detergent that is specifically formulated for removing dye and marker stains can also be beneficial.
Egg stains can be removed using the LG Stain Care cycle.
Aside from the higher temperature required to rid of the stains and smell, a good detergent is also helpful.
Grass stains! We all know how stubborn they can be.
The combination of water high temperature, agitation, and detergent can help to loosen and remove the stain.
Using a detergent that is specifically formulated for removing grease stains can also be beneficial in addition to the Stain Care Option can do magic to your fabrics.
- Tomato-Based Products
Tomato-based products such as ketchup and tomato sauce can leave stubborn stains, but the LG Stain Care cycle can help to remove them.
These are just some of the few stains you can use the Stain Care cycle for.
Feel free to use it for your heavily soiled fabrics because that is exactly what it’s meant for.
Related article: LG Washer Bedding Cycle? (How To Use It Efficiently)
Don’ts of using the Stain Care option
The Stain Care option is not suited for all kinds of fabrics and may actually destroy some fabrics beyond repair.
- The LG Stain Care cycle can be hard on delicate fabrics, so it’s important to read the care label on your clothes before using it.
- The cycle’s high water temperature and agitation can cause shrinkage or damage to certain fabrics.
- It’s not recommended for use on clothes that are labeled as “dry clean only”
Check out Other Helpful articles on our blog:
- Can You Put Real Fur In The Washing Machine? (Hold On!)
- Can You Wash Tennis Shoes In The Washing Machine? (All You Need To Know)
- Can You Put A Durag In The Washing Machine? (All You Need To Know)
- Can I Wash My Air Forces In The Washing Machine? (All You Need To Know)
- LG Washing Machine Stuck during the cycle? (How To Fix)
- LG Prewash Cycle (All The Important Things You Need To Know)
- LG Tub Clean Cycle (All You Kneed To Know)
- LG Allergiene Cycle (What, When, And How To Use It)