Most people love using dryers. But if you asked hundred people what they didn’t like most about using the dryer, they will tell you it’s how wrinkled their clothes get after tumbling.
It is due to this that Wrinkle Care has been featured in LG washing machines to deal with the wrinkling of clothes in their dryers.
The name “Wrinkle Care” on LG dryer gives you a clue about what this option means but you probably want to know exactly what it is, when to use it, and how to use it effectively.
What is Wrinkle Care on LG dryer?
Wrinkle Care on LG dryer is an option that periodically tumbles your clothes for up to 3 hours after you select it or until you open the dryer door which helps prevent wrinkles in your clothes when you don’t remove them immediately after the cycle.
On the LG ThinQ app, the Wrinkle prevention cycle can be downloaded to deal with wrinkles on clothes.
In this article, we will explain all you need to know about Wrinkle Care in LG Dryer. When to use Wrinkle Care, and how to use it to make the best out of this option.
Table of Contents
How to use LG Wrinkle Care
Accessing the wrinkle care settings on the LG Dryer
To make the most of the LG Dryer’s wrinkle care feature, you need to know how to access the settings.
The specific steps may vary depending on the model of the LG Dryer, but generally, the wrinkle care settings can be accessed through the control panel or display.
- Control Panel: Look for a dedicated button or icon that represents the wrinkle care feature on the control panel of the LG Dryer. Pressing this button will allow you to access the wrinkle care settings.
- Display: If your LG Dryer has a digital display, navigate through the menu options using the control buttons or touch screen until you find the wrinkle care settings.
Refer to the user manual of your specific LG Dryer model for detailed instructions on accessing the wrinkle care settings.
To use the LG wrinkle care feature effectively, follow these steps:
- Load the Dryer: Place your clothes inside the LG Dryer, making sure not to overload it. Overloading can limit the effectiveness of the wrinkle care feature.
- Choose the appropriate dryer settings.
- Select the Wrinkle Care Cycle: Access the control panel or display of the LG Dryer and locate the wrinkle care settings. Enable the wrinkle care cycle by pressing the dedicated button or selecting the appropriate option from the menu.
- Start the Dryer: After selecting the wrinkle care settings, start the dryer by pressing the start/pause button. The LG Dryer will go through the regular drying cycle first.
- Wrinkle Care Cycle Activation: Once the regular drying cycle is complete, the wrinkle care feature will automatically activate. The LG Dryer will intermittently tumble the clothes to reduce wrinkles.
- Monitor and Remove Clothes Promptly: The Wrinkle Care option works for up to 3 hours so ensure you remove your clothes before 3 hours.
Read Also: LG Washer Steam Cycle
When to use LG dryer Wrinkle Care
The LG wrinkle care option can be used in various situations to effectively reduce wrinkles in your clothes.
Here are some instances when you can make use of the wrinkle care feature:
- After Air Drying: If you’ve air-dried your clothes and they have developed wrinkles, you can use the wrinkle care feature to remove those wrinkles. Simply place the air-dried clothes in the LG Dryer and activate the wrinkle care cycle to freshen them up and eliminate wrinkles.
- In-between Ironing Sessions: The wrinkle care feature can be a great alternative or supplement to ironing. If you have lightly wrinkled clothes that don’t require extensive ironing, you can use the wrinkle care feature to smooth out those wrinkles quickly and conveniently.
- Refreshing Clothes: If you have clothes that have been sitting in your closet or drawer for a while and have developed wrinkles, you can use the wrinkle care feature to refresh them.
- Everyday Use: You can also incorporate the wrinkle care feature into your everyday laundry routine. After regular drying, activate the wrinkle care cycle to ensure your clothes come out with minimal wrinkles, saving you time and effort in ironing or steaming.
Using the wrinkle care feature in the LG Dryer at the right times can help you maintain wrinkle-free clothes and save time on ironing or steaming.
How LG Dryer wrinkle care works
LG Dryer’s wrinkle care feature is a game-changer so far as using the dryer is concerned.
It uses intelligent programming to ensure that your clothes do not get wrinkles when you leave them in the drum for extended periods.
Wrinkle Care is activated once the drying cycle is complete, to prevent wrinkles from forming or to reduce existing wrinkles.
It functions by gently tumbling clothes intermittently in the dryer after the set drying time is completed.
When the cycle is completed, the chime will sound if it has been set. If WRINKLE CARE is selected, the dryer will tumble briefly every few minutes to help prevent wrinkles from setting in the clothes.
Otherwise, you should remove your clothing from the dryer immediately to reduce wrinkling.
Benefits of using the LG Dryer’s wrinkle Care option
It may seem obvious what the benefit of using Wrinkle Care is but the benefits are more than you may think.
In fact, using the LG Dryer wrinkle care feature provides numerous benefits that go beyond simple wrinkle reduction.
Here are some key advantages of LG Wrinkle Care:
- Time-saving convenience: With the wrinkle care feature, you can save valuable time that would otherwise be spent on ironing or using other wrinkle-removing methods. It eliminates the need for extensive manual labor, allowing you to focus on other tasks or activities.
- Helps reduce odors: when you leave your clothes in the dryer, they tend to develop some odors. Wrinkle Care saves you and keeps your clothes smelling fresh and clean.
- Effortless wrinkle reduction: The LG Dryer’s wrinkle care feature takes the stress out of wrinkle prevention in the dryer. Your clothes are gently tumbled, without any extra work while reducing wrinkles and leaving you with garments that are ready to wear.
- Fabric preservation: Traditional ironing methods can be harsh on fabrics, especially when trying to straighten our wrinkles. With wrinkle care, you eliminate most of the wrinkles so you don’t need any harsh ironing.
- Energy efficiency: The wrinkle care feature is designed to be energy-efficient. Utilizing intermittent tumbling rather than a full drying cycle, it reduces energy consumption while still delivering effective wrinkle reduction.
Compatibility of LG Wrinkle Care with different fabric types
People wonder if Wrinkle Care is safe for any type of fabric. Knowing this is important to ensure you don’t end up messing up your clothes.
LG Dryer Wrinkle Care feature is designed to be compatible with a wide range of fabric types.
Basically, any type of material that can be tumble dried.
The following fabrics are compatible with LG Wrinkle Care:
- Heavy cotton
- Work clothes
It’s comforting to know that you can trust the LG Dryer’s wrinkle care feature to cater to the specific needs of each garment, regardless of its fabric composition.
- LG Waterproof Cycle? (When And How To Use It)
- LG Washer Bedding Cycle? (How To Use It Efficiently)
- LG Washer Sanitary Cycle? (How To Use It Effectively)
- LG Allergiene Cycle (What, When, And How To Use It)
- LG Stain Care Cycle (All The Important Things You Need To Know)
- Does Polyester Shrink In The Dryer? (All You Need To Know)
- Damp Dry Signal on a Dryer (Important Things To Know)