LG Washing machines are a staple in many households, and they continuously evolve with many great features that help to improve the laundry.
You may have seen the Sanitary cycle on your LG washer and wondered what it means and when you should use it.
The LG Sanitary Cycle is a feature that is used to wash clean heavily soiled garments by using extra hot water during the wash cycle, and cold water during the rinse cycle to remove tough stains from dirty clothes.
The Sanitary cycle has been NSF certified to remove 99.9% of bacteria on cotton fabrics when used together with bleach and high temperatures without high energy consumption.
So if you were wondering what the Sanitary cycle means, there you have it.
Next time you need to wash your soiled items, work attires, or cloth diapers, you can choose the perfect wash cycle.
LG Sanitary cycle temperature: 158 degrees Fahrenheit
LG Sanitary cycle time: 105 minutes
In this guide, we’ll explore what the LG Sanitary Cycle is, and how to use it effectively for the best laundry results.
What is Sanitary cycle on LG washer?
The LG Sanitary Cycle is a specialized wash cycle that uses higher water temperatures and longer wash times of up to 105 minutes to provide a deeper clean for your laundry.
You can run the cycle using TurboWash or Steam to slightly reduce the total wash times.
Wondering how hot is LG sanitary cycle?
It typically runs at 158 degrees Fahrenheit by default, which is significantly higher than the standard wash cycle, which typically runs at around 130 degrees Fahrenheit.
The extra hot setting used to run the Sanitary cycle cannot be changed.
The increased temperature helps to effectively remove bacteria and tough stains from your clothes.
This cycle is also designed to be gentle on your laundry, so it’s perfect for items that need extra care, such as undergarments and baby clothes.
The LG Sanitary Cycle also uses a special washing pattern that moves clothes through the drum in a specific way to ensure all areas of the clothes are thoroughly cleaned.
Additionally, this cycle can use a steam sanitizing option that uses steam to sanitize your clothes and remove tough stains.
When to use LG Sanitary cycle
The LG Sanitary cycle is one of the most useful wash cycles on your washer which needs to be used to the max.
Sometimes it’s hard to determine which clothes you should use the cycle on. So in this section, we will guide you on all the types and conditions of garments that you can use the Sanitary cycle on.,
Below are examples of items you can wash using the Sanitary cycle:
- Cloth Diapers: Cloth diapers can be a real challenge to clean, especially if they are heavily soiled. The LG Sanitary Cycle is perfect for cleaning cloth diapers, as it uses higher water temperatures and longer wash times to effectively remove bacteria and germs.
- Heavily Soiled Underwear: Whether it’s from potty training accidents or heavy periods, heavily soiled underwear can be difficult to clean. The LG Sanitary Cycle is designed to handle tough stains and odors, making it perfect for cleaning heavily soiled underwear.
- Work Clothes: Work clothes can get dirty and smelly quickly, especially if you work in a dirty or physically demanding job. The LG Sanitary Cycle is designed to handle heavy-duty cleaning, making it perfect for cleaning work clothes.
- Bedding: Bedding can be a breeding ground for bacteria, viruses, and allergens, especially if you have allergies or asthma. The LG Sanitary Cycle is designed to remove these harmful particles, making it perfect for cleaning bedding.
It is important to note that the LG Sanitary Cycle should not be used on items that are not machine washable, such as wool or silk, or on items that may shrink or get damaged when exposed to high temperatures.
Always check the care label on your clothes before using the LG Sanitary Cycle.
How do I use the Sanitize cycle on my LG washer?
Using the Sanitary cycle is easy and straightforward.
- Press the power button to turn the washer on
- Turn the selector knob to Sanitary
- Adjust the spin speed as needed by pressing the spin button until the required speed is selected
- Press the start button to begin the cycle
You can choose to add the following to the Sanitary cycle if needed:
Should you use soap during LG sanitary cycle?
You should use detergent during the LG Sanitary Cycle. The detergent helps to remove dirt, stains, and odors from your clothes.
When using the LG Sanitary Cycle, it is important to use a High-Efficiency detergent in the appropriate amount as recommended by the detergent manufacturer.
Also, ensure that you don’t exceed that maximum line in the detergent dispenser.
Too much detergent can leave a residue on clothes and cause oversudsing which doesn’t help your laundry.
LG washer Allergiene vs Sanitary
The LG Allergiene cycle is designed to remove allergens, while the LG Sanitary cycle is designed to provide an extra level of cleaning and sanitation.
The LG Allergiene cycle and the LG Sanitary cycle are both specialized cycles designed to provide extra cleaning and sanitation for your laundry.
However, they are slightly different in their focus and function.
The LG Allergiene cycle is specifically designed to remove allergens, such as dust mites, pet dander, and pollen, from your clothes and bedding. It uses higher water temperatures, longer wash times, and steam to effectively remove these allergens.
This cycle is particularly useful for those with allergies or asthma who want to keep their laundry as allergen-free as possible.
On the other hand, the LG Sanitary cycle is designed to provide an extra level of cleaning and sanitation for your laundry.
It uses higher water temperatures and longer wash times to effectively remove bacteria, viruses, and other harmful particles from your clothes.
This cycle is particularly useful for items that are heavily soiled or need extra care, such as cloth diapers, heavily soiled underwear, work clothes, and bedding.
LG Sanitary Cycle Download
The LG Sanitary cycle is a built-in feature of LG washing machines that cannot be downloaded as a separate application.
It is a special cycle that is available on certain models of LG washing machines.
If your Lg washer has the Sanitary cycle, you will need to see it inscribed on the control panel around the dial knob.
NSF International (National Sanitation Foundation) is an independent, non-profit organization that certifies products and writes standards for food, water, and consumer goods.
NSF certification is widely recognized and accepted by regulatory agencies and health departments around the world.
In the context of washing machines, NSF International has a certification program for laundry appliances that are designed to remove bacteria, viruses, and allergens.
This certification program is called NSF Protocol P172: Laundry Sanitization and it tests the ability of a washing machine to reduce the bacteria count on clothes by at least 99.9% after a single wash cycle.
LG sanitary cycle is one of the cycles that have been certified by NSF International under the NSF Protocol P172.
This certification ensures that the LG Sanitary cycle is able to remove 99.9% of bacteria from clothes, making it an effective tool for keeping your laundry clean and sanitized.
You may also like:
- Where Are LG washing machines Made? (All You Need To Know)
- LG Top Load Washer Filter Location (How To Locate)
- How To Clean LG Washing Machine Filter Top Loader (Easy Guide)
- How To Clean LG Front Load Washing Machine (Ultimate Guide)
- Maytag Washer Soak Cycle (Important Things You Should Know)
- Whirlpool Washer Soak Cycle (All You Need To Know)
- How To Clean Lg Top Load Washing Machine (Ultimate Guide)