Are you ready to start your laundry, only to find that your Beko washing machine’s control panel isn’t responding?
It can be frustrating when the buttons you press don’t seem to do anything, leaving you wondering why your washer isn’t starting.
Well don’t worry, this is a common issue among Beko washing machine owners. In this article, we’ll provide you with the solution to this problem, so you can get back to your laundry in no time.
Here is why your Beko washing machine control panel is not working:
Your Beko washer control panel may not be working because there’s been a termination in the power supply or you may have the child lock option turned on accidentally. It could also be that your control board has developed a fault.
Quick Fixes to try
- Check the availability of power supply
- Check circuit breaker
- Check if child lock is on
- Inspect the control panel
In this article, we will show you how to easily troubleshoot your Beko washer control panel so you can proceed with your laundry.
Table of Contents
Beko washing machine control panel not working? (Try these fixes)
1. Confirm availability of power
If your Beko washing machine control panel is not working, it might be because your washer has been cut from power supply.
Ensure that your washing machine is plugged in and that the power outlet is working by checking with a voltage meter.
You should also check the circuit breaker to make sure that it hasn’t been tripped.
If everything looks good, try resetting the washing machine by unplugging it for 60 seconds and then plugging it back in.
If this doesn’t solve the issue, then try the next fix below.
2. Check the Circuit breaker
After checking that your washer is connected to power, and your Beko washer still won’t start, the next thing you can try is to check the circuit breaker.
Follow these steps.
- Leave your washer plugged into the power outlet
- Go to the electrical panel in your home and locate the switch that controls your washer. You’ll usually find the labels pasted inside the panel door.
- Turn the switch off for your washer for 30 seconds and turn it back to the on position.
- Lastly, press the power button on your Beko washer to see if the controls become active.
3. Check if child lock is active
The child lock feature is a safety feature that keeps all the buttons on the Beko control panel locked except the power button.
This is to prevent kids from tempering with the wash settings whiles you’re doing the laundry.
If your power button is the only button on the control panel that works, it’s possible your child lock may have been activated by accident preventing your Beko washer from starting.
If that’s the case, you need to turn off the child lock.
Turning off the child lock may differ slightly depending on your type and model of Beko washing machine.
Some Beko washers will show “CL” or a key symbol on the display meaning it’s in child lock.
To activate the child lock function, press and hold the relevant child lock button(s) for three seconds.
To turn the child lock off, press and hold the same button(s) for three seconds again.
4. Inspect the control board
If none of the three fixes explained above work you will need to go further and inspect inside the control panel to ensure that no wires are damaged or stressed (signs of melting, fraying, etc.).
1. Disconnect the washer plug from the outlet
2. Remove the two screws behind your washer which hold the top cover in place and remove the cover.
3. Locate the electrical connection point at the backside of the control panel and make sure the connection is not loose and no connecting wires are frayed.
4. Make a close inspection of all the wires behind the control panel to ensure that there aren’t signs of wear and tear. In some cases, you may have to replace the control board of your washer if it’s gone bad.
You can check out our article that explains how to tell if your control board has gone bad.
Is there a reset button on Beko washing machine?
This is a question that you will probably ask yourself when you first get a Beko washer.
Is there a reset button on Beko washing machines?
There is no reset button on Beko washing machines.
However, there is a way to reset your Beko washing machine when you need it.
How to reset a Beko washing machine
Resetting a Beko washing machine may differ slightly depending on your model. So the easiest way is to refer to your user manual.
You can follow the steps below to reset your Beko washer.
- Ensure the door is well shut and the knob is in the off position
- Press and hold the Start/Pause button and turn the dial counterclockwise to 15 minutes simultaneously.
- Keep holding the Start/Pause button for 10 seconds more.
- Release the Start/Pause button and turn the dial back to the OFF position.
- Your Beko washer is reset
Try these fixes and we hope it helps you get your Beko washing machine control panel working again.
Check out other helpful articles on our blog: