Miele Washing Machine Control Panel Not Working? (How To Fix)
After filling your drum with clothes and your detergent dispenser with some detergent ready to do your laundry and then you realize nothing seems to work on the control board.
You’re pressing the buttons on your Miele washer and they’re all unresponsive.
You’re probably left stuck wondering, “Why is my Miele washing machine not starting?”.
This is a common problem Miele washing machine owners face at a point.
And we can help you fix this problem.
Here is why your Miele washing machine control panel is not working:
Your Miele washer control panel may not be working because there’s a cut in the power supply or you may have the child lock option turned on accidentally. It could also be that your control board has gone bad.
In this article, we are going to show you how to easily troubleshoot your Miele washer control panel so you can start your laundry.
Table of Contents
Miele washing machine control panel not working? (Try these fixes)
1. Confirm if there is still a power supply
If your Miele washing machine control panel is not working, it might be because there is no power available to it.
Make sure that your washing machine is plugged in and that the power outlet is working by checking with a voltage meter.
You should also check the circuit breaker to make sure that it hasn’t been tripped.
If everything looks good, try resetting the washing machine by unplugging it for 60 seconds and then plugging it back in.
If this doesn’t solve the issue, then try the next fix below.
2. Check the Circuit breaker
After checking that your washer is connected to power, and your Miele washer still won’t start, the next thing you can try is to check the circuit breaker.
Follow these steps.
- Leave your washer plugged into the power outlet
- Go to the electrical panel in your home and locate the switch that controls your washer. You’ll usually find the labels pasted inside the panel door.
- Turn the switch off for your washer for 30 seconds and turn it back to the on position.
- Lastly, press the power button on your Miele washer to see if the controls become active.
3. Child safety lock may be active
The child lock feature is a safety feature that keeps all the buttons on the Miele control panel locked except the power button.
This is to prevent kids from tempering with the wash settings whiles you’re doing the laundry.
If your power button is the only button on the control panel that works, it’s possible your child lock may have been activated by accident preventing your Miele washer from starting or even opening.
If that’s the case, you need to turn off the child lock.
Turning off the child lock may differ slightly depending on your type and model of Miele washing machine.
Some Miele washers will show “CL” or a key symbol on the display meaning it’s in child lock.
Here is how to turn off the child lock on Miele washing machine:
- Press and hold the “Sensitive” and”TEMP” buttons until step 4.
- Turn on the washer using the”On / Off” button. A dot shows in the display.
- Press the “Extended / Heavy Soil /Soak” button three times.
- Release the “Sensitive” and “TEMP” buttons.
The “Child lock” indicator will go off.
4. Inspect the control board
If none of the three fixes explained above does work you will need to go further and inspect inside the control panel to ensure that no wires are damaged or stressed (signs of melting, fray, etc.).
1. Disconnect washer plum from the outlet
2. Remove the two screws behind your washer which hold the top cover in place and remove the cover.
3. Locate the electrical connection point at the backside of the control panel and make sure the connection is not loose and no connecting wires are frayed.
4. Make a close inspection of all the wires behind the control panel to ensure that there aren’t signs of wear and tear. In some cases, you may have to replace the control board of your washer if it’s gone bad.
You can check out our article that explains how to tell if your control board has gone bad.
Is there a reset button on Miele washing machine?
This is a question that Miele washing machine owners often ask.
Is there a reset button on Miele washing machines?
The answer is no, there is no reset button on Miele washing machines.
However, there is a way to reset your Miele washing machine when you need it.
Related article: How to reset Hoover washing machine
How to reset a Miele washing machine
Resetting a Miele washing machine may differ slightly depending on your model. So the easiest way is to refer to your user manual.
However, resetting a Miele washing machine is easy.
There is a basic reset and a master reset.
To basic reset a Miele washing machine, unplug it from the wall. Wait a couple of minutes and plug it back in.
You can then do a master reset if the error codes aren’t cleared.
To do a master reset on your Miele washer, open and close the door to the washer six times within 12 seconds. After that, run an empty rinse cycle. That should reset your washing machine.
There you have it. No need to ever be lost again when your Miele washing machine control panel doesn’t respond.
We hope these fixes will help you get your Miele washing machine control panel working again.
Feel free to leave your comments below.