So you’re all set to do your laundry.
You already filled your drum with clothes and your detergent drawer with some detergent ready to get done with your laundry.
Suddenly you’re pressing the buttons on your Bosch washer and nothing seems to work.
In fact, nothing on the control panel seems to be responding.
You’re probably left worried asking, “Why is my Bosch washing machine not starting?”.
This is a common problem Bosch washing machine owners face at a point.
And we have the solution.
Here is why your Bosch washing machine control panel is not working:
Your Bosch washer control panel may not be working because there’s been a termination in the power supply or you may have the child lock option turned on accidentally. It could also be that your control board has developed a fault.
In this article, we are going to show you how to easily troubleshoot your Bosch washer control panel so your washing machine can start.
Table of Contents
Bosch washing machine control panel not working? (Try these fixes)
1. Confirm availability of power
If your Bosch washing machine control panel is not working, it might be because there is no power available to it.
Make sure that your washing machine is plugged in and that the power outlet is working by checking with a voltage meter.
You should also check the circuit breaker to make sure that it hasn’t been tripped.
If everything looks good, try resetting the washing machine by unplugging it for 60 seconds and then plugging it back in.
If this doesn’t solve the issue, then try the next fix below.
2. Check the Circuit breaker
After checking that your washer is connected to power, and your Bosch washer still won’t start, the next thing you can try is to check the circuit breaker.
Follow these steps.
- Leave your washer plugged into the power outlet
- Go to the electrical panel in your home and locate the switch that controls your washer. You’ll usually find the labels pasted inside the panel door.
- Turn the switch off for your washer for 30 seconds and turn it back to the on position.
- Lastly, press the power button on your bosch washer to see if the controls become active.
3. Check if child lock is active
The child lock feature is a safety feature that keeps all the buttons on the bosch control panel locked except the power button.
This is to prevent kids from tempering with the wash settings whiles you’re doing the laundry.
If your power button is the only button on the control panel that works, it’s possible your child lock may have been activated by accident preventing your bosch washer from starting.
If that’s the case, you need to turn off the child lock.
Turning off the child lock may differ slightly depending on your type and model of Bosch washing machine.
Some Bosch washers will show “CL” or a key symbol on the display meaning it’s in child lock.
Here is how to turn off the child lock on Bosch washing machine:
Press and hold the start button for three seconds to 5 seconds. You will hear a beep and the “CL” alert (If should) or key symbol will disappear from the display.
Press and hold the “rpm” and “finished in” buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds. You will hear a beep and the “CL” alert (if shown) or key symbol will disappear from the display.
If your Bosch washer has an advanced touch screen display, you will see an illuminated square button with a symbol of a key and “3 sec” below it. Press and hold this button for 3 seconds and the button will darken. You will hear a beep showing that the child lock has been turned off.
4. Inspect the control board
If none of the three fixes explained above does work you will need to go further and inspect inside the control panel to ensure that no wires are damaged or stressed (signs of melting, fray, etc.).
1. Disconnect washer plum from the outlet
2. Remove the two screws behind your washer which hold the top cover in place and remove the cover.
3. Locate the electrical connection point at the backside of the control panel and make sure the connection is not loose and no connecting wires are frayed.
4. Make a close inspection of all the wires behind the control panel to ensure that there aren’t signs of wear and tear. In some cases, you may have to replace the control board of your washer if it’s gone bad.
You can check out our article that explains how to tell if your control board has gone bad.
Is there a reset button on Bosch washing machine?
This is a question that Bosch washing machine owners have been asking for years.
Is there a reset button on Bosch washing machines?
The answer is no, there is no reset button on Bosch washing machines.
However, there is a way to reset your Bosch washing machine when you need it.
Related article: How to reset Hoover washing machine
How to reset a Bosch washing machine
Resetting a Bosch washing machine may differ slightly depending on your model. So the easiest way is to refer to your user manual.
You can follow the steps below to reset your Bosch washer.
- Ensure the door is well shut and the knob is in the off position
- Press and hold the Start/Pause button and turn the dial counterclockwise to 15 minutes simultaneously.
- Keep holding the Start/Pause button for 10 seconds more.
- Release the Start/Pause button and turn the dial back to the OFF position.
- Your Bosch washer is reset
Follow this short video to reset Every Bosch model and Fix e43 Error
We hope these fixes will help you get your Bosch washing machine control panel working again.
If you have further questions, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.