Hearing the constant beeps coming from your Indesit washing machine can be a source of frustration and confusion.
Despite the beeping, it could be that your Indesit washer may still function properly, washing and spinning clothes as it should.
Sometimes you turn off your washer and it still doesn’t stop the beeping.
One of the most frustrating aspects of this issue is that there may be no error codes displayed to give an indication of what is causing the beeping.
Rest assured, you are not alone in this problem – many Indesit washing machine users have experienced this annoyance, particularly if they have owned their machine for over a year.
Here are the possible reasons why your Indesit washing machine keeps beeping:
- Your Indesit washing machine needs an auto clean
- There is moisture in your program selector
- Your washer needs to be descaled
- The lint filter is full
- Your washer is unbalanced
- There is a fault with your washing machine
It helps to know what the different beeping noises mean so that you can troubleshoot the problem.
In this article, we will show you all the possible reasons why your Indesit washing machine is beeping and provide tips to help you solve the issue.
Table of Contents
11 reasons why your Indesit washer is making beeping (How to fix).
There is always a reason behind your Indesit washing machine’s beeping. Sometimes it’s easy to identify the reason.
Such as your Indesit washing machine door is not properly closed or when you overload your washer.
Other times you can’t just figure out the reason why your washer is beeping.
Here are 11 reasons why your Indesit washing machine could be beeping:
1. Your Indesit washing machine needs an auto clean.
Few people know that their Indesit washing machine needs an auto-clean from time to time, called a maintenance wash.
This is because it helps to clean the inside of the washer and get rid of any dirt or build-up that may have occurred over time.
Your Indesit washer may enter an unstopping beeping mode just to alert you to auto-clean it.
This solution works for most people whose Indesit washing machine won’t just stop beeping.
The Auto Clean program is run with no load (clothes) in the drum.
Follow these steps to run an ‘Auto Clean’ program for your Indesit washing machine
- Measure detergent quantity (10% of the quantity specified for lightly-soiled fabrics)
- Press buttons A and B (as in the diagram above) simultaneously for about 5 seconds.
- The Auto Clean will start automatically and will run for about 70 minutes.
- Press Start/Pause to stop the Auto Clean cycle
It is recommended that you run an Auto clean cycle after every 40 wash cycles.
Always remove your laundry from the washer immediately after washing to prevent mold from forming in your laundry drum.
Always keep your laundry drum dry by leaving the door open for some time to limit the build-up of moisture and mold in your drum.
2. Moisture in your Indesit washer Program Selector
Another possible reason why your Indesit washing machine constantly beeping is that the program selector has come into contact with a significant amount of moisture.
When the program selector gets damp by coming into contact with moisture, the chosen resistance alters and your washer thinks you are repeatedly changing the program selection. So it continues to beep.
This usually is the problem when your washing machine is kept in a space that is highly humid or moist. Or your washer has been beaten by rain, somehow.
How to fix a damp program selector
- Turn off the power supply to your Indesit washing machine
- Take off the top cover by unscrewing the bolts that can be located on the top and the back of your washer. After removing the bolts, Slide the top cover backward and lift it up.
- Look behind where the dial is, and you will see the circuit board held tight by 4 clips. Remove clips to release the circuit board.
- Turn the board over to access the copper contacts.
- Clean or wipe it using alcohol because alcohol doesn’t conduct electricity. Water or detergent conducts electricity and should not be used for cleaning.
- Look behind the dial and wipe the 3 or copper fingers that make contact with the circuit board when it’s in place. Gently wipe it in other not to break any of it.
- Clip back the circuit board in the exact position you unclipped it from.
- Turn on your washer to ensure everything works well.
- Your Indesit washing should stop the constant beeping
There are some beeps on your Indesit washing machine that are not persistent and are due to one minor issue or another.
Below are some of the reasons your Indesit washing machine beeps occasionally.
3. The water level is too low.
If the water level in your washing machine is too low, the machine will beep to alert you. This can happen if you forget to add laundry detergent or fabric softener, or if there are leaks in the hoses or connections.
4. The door is not closed correctly.
If the door of your Indesit washing machine is not properly closed, the machine will beep to let you know. Make sure that the door is shut tightly before starting a cycle.
5. There is a fault with the machine.
If there is a problem with your Indesit washing machine, it will usually display an error code on the control panel. If you see an error code, refer to the owner’s manual for troubleshooting instructions.
6. The machine needs to be descaled.
If your Indesit washing machine has a built-in water softener, it will need to be descaled from time to time. Descaling removes mineral deposits from the water softener and is typically done with a commercial descaling solution.
7. The lint filter is full.
The lint filter traps lint and debris from your clothes. If the lint filter is full, it can cause your Indesit washing machine to beep. Remove the lint filter and clean it with soap and water.
8. The wash cycle is complete.
When the wash cycle is complete, your Indesit washing machine will beep to let you know. You can then move your clothes to the dryer or hang them up to air dry.
9. The machine is unbalanced.
If your Indesit washing machine is unbalanced, it will beep to let you know. The machine may become unbalanced if too much laundry is added, or if the load is not evenly distributed. To fix an unbalanced load, redistribute the laundry and restart the cycle.
10. The machine is overloaded.
If your Indesit washing machine is overloaded, it will beep and the wash cycle will stop. Remove some of the laundry from the machine and restart the cycle.
11. The detergent dispenser is empty.
If your Indesit washing machine is equipped with a detergent dispenser, it will need to be refilled from time to time. Add more detergent to the dispenser and restart the cycle.
As mentioned in this article, the main reasons why your Indesit washer keeps beeping are due to your washer needing an auto wash or the program selector being dampened by moisture.
Whatever the case, the beeping of your Hoover washer is likely due to one of the 11 reasons we have discussed in this article.
By running all these troubleshooting methods explained, you will be able to finally stop your Indesit washing machine from beeping continuously.
Check out other helpful articles on our blog:
- How to Clean Indesit Washing Machine (All the parts)
- Is It Illegal To Drain Washing Machine Outside? (Find Out)
- Where to Put Detergent in Hotpoint Washing Machine (Easy Guide)
- Can You Use Epsom Salts In Washing Machine? (All You Need To Know)
- Will Tissue Damage Washing Machine? (All You Need To Know)