If you own an Indesit washing machine, then you should know how to clean it so that it can last a long time.
Cleaning your Indesit washing machine is an important task that should be done on a regular basis.
Many people don’t know you need to clean your washer since you always run soap and water through it.
But the fact is this;
Over time, soap residues, dirt, grime, and other minerals from detergents you use for your laundry can cause molds and mildew to build up in your Indesit washing machine.
Learning how to clean your Indesit washing machine is vital for keeping your washing machine free from molds, dirt, limescale, and stinky smells.
This will help to maintain the performance and longevity of your Indesit washer.
In this article, we will explain how to properly clean your Indesit washing machine including the:
- Detergent Dispenser drawer
- Pump filter
- Inlet filter
- Door and exterior parts
Stick through and let’s go over the step-by-step process of how to deep clean your Indesit washing machine.
Table of Contents
How to clean Indesit washing machine
In order to clean your machine, you will need some basic supplies:
- Dish soap
- Baking soda
How to clean Indesit washing machine dispenser drawer
Soap residues and limescale buildup in the dispenser drawer can spoil your laundry and also cause your Indesit washing machine to smell.
So if you don’t want your clean fabrics to always come out soiled, it’s necessary to clean your dispenser drawer frequently.
Here are the easy steps to clean your Indesit detergent drawer:
- Remove your dispenser drawer by pulling it out gently but with a bit of force.
- Soak the drawer in hot soapy water for about 2 hours
- Add baking soda to your water if your drawer is very dirty or has dried detergent build-up.
- Scrub the drawer thoroughly with a brush after soaking.
- Rinse the dispenser, dry it, and then replace it back in its compartment.
How to clean Indesit washing machine drum
Your Indesit washing machine drum can be a breeding space for germs and bacteria which can affect the performance of your washer and the cleanliness of your clothes.
These are the easy steps to follow in order to clean your Indesit washing machine drum:
- Start by unplugging the machine from the power outlet.
- Remove any laundry from the drum of your washing machine.
- Pour one cup of vinegar into your washer and run an empty wash at the highest temperature (95 degrees)
- Wipe the inside and outside of the drum with a damp towel and leave the door open to completely air dry.
How to run an ‘Auto Clean’ program for Indesit washing machine:
Indesit washing machine has an ‘Auto clean’ program that cleans the internal parts of the washer.
The Auto Clean program is run with no load (clothes) in the drum.
Follow these steps to run an ‘Auto Clean’ program for Indesit washing machine
- Measure detergent quantity (10% the quantity specified for lightly-soiled fabrics)
- Press buttons A and B (as in diagram above) simultaneously for about 5 seconds.
- The Auto Clean will start automatically and will run for about 70 minutes.
- Press Start/Pause to stop the Auto Clean cycle
- It is recommended that you run an Auto clean cycle after every 40 wash cycles.
- Always remove your laundry from the washer immediately after washing to prevent mold from forming in your laundry drum.
- Always keep your laundry drum dry by leaving the door open for some time to limit the build-up of moisture and mold in your drum.
How to clean Indesitwashing machine Pump filter
The Pump filter on the Indesit washing machine is used to trap larger residues like buttons and coins, which could block your draining system.
A clogged pump filter can cause poor performance in your Indesit washing machine.
It is one of the common causes of smell and poor drainage in washing machines.
It is important to regularly clean your pump filter to ensure your Indesit washing machine is working efficiently and effectively.
Indesit recommends checking and cleaning the pump filter 5 or 6 times a year.
Follow these steps to clean your Indesit washing machine pump filter:
- Disconnect your washer from the power supply.
- Take off the front cover panel by first pressing it in the center and then pushing downwards on both sides until you can remove it.
- Place a towel beneath to catch any water that may flow when you open the filter.
- Unscrew the filter lid by turning it counterclockwise.
- Clean and remove all debris and other particles in the filter.
- Wash the filter thoroughly under running water and rinse with hot water.
- Check inside the filter hole, remove any foreign objects, and clean the inside with a towel.
- Screw the pump filter back onto the washer by turning it clockwise. Make sure it’s tightened to prevent any leakage.
- Fix back the front panel.
How to clean Indesit washing machine inlet filter
The inlet valve filter may get choked or clogged with debris and other particles from water that flows into your Indesit washing during a wash cycle.
This can cause a slow flow of water into your Indesit washing machine or may cause water not to flow into it at all.
It is therefore important to clean your inlet valve filter at least once every month depending on the frequency of usage of your Indesit washing machine.
Follow this easy process to clean your Indesit washing machine inlet filter:
- Start by closing your water supply tap.
- Unscrew the cap connecting your water pipe and the inlet valve which is located at the back of your Indesit washing machine.
- Remove the filter from the inlet valve by pulling it out,
- Use a soft brush to remove debris and other particles from the filter. And wash with baking soda for thorough cleaning.
- Dry the filter thoroughly before putting it back.
Tip: It is recommended to replace your filters once every year, and check the inlet hoses too.
How to clean Indesit washing machine Seal
The water you use for washing can accumulate and get stuck in the door seal which can cause molds and mildew.
- To clean your washer seal, use a damp cloth and soapy water.
- Carefully wipe around the seal; if any dirt remains, use a toothbrush to scrub the surface.
- Dry your seal with a cloth after every wash cycle to prevent molds and mildew from forming in the seal.
How to clean Indesitwashing machine door and exterior parts
Finally, you will need to clean the exterior of your Indesit washing machine.
- Spritz vinegar and water mixture on a cloth and clean the inside and outside of the door until it’s clean.
- Spray the outside of your Indesit washing machine with lukewarm water and vinegar.
- Clean the outside of your Indesit washing machine including the control panel using a damp cloth.
- Be sure to dry the machine thoroughly before plugging it back in and using it again.
Tip: Avoid using any abrasives or alcoholic liquids to clean your washer. Always use natural constituents.
What to do after using Indesit washing machine
It’s important to maintain certain basic etiquettes with your washer that will allow it to last very long without issues.
Do these anytime you finish your washing:
- Press the power button to turn off your washer
- Turn off the plug or power supply to your washer
- Turn off both hot and cold water taps where applicable
- Always leave the door open for about an hour or two, to allow moisture inside the washer to evaporate.
Now you have all the know-how to clean your Indesit washing machine and keep it running efficiently.
Proper maintenance of your Indesit washing machine is important to keep your washer clean and working for a very long time.
By following these simple steps, you can help to keep your Indesit washing machine clean and in good working condition.