How To Clean Samsung Front Load Washing Machine (Ultimate Guide)
Everyone knows that a washing machine does the laundry but most people forget that they need to clean their washers as well.
If you own a Samsung front-load washing machine, then one thing you need to consider knowing is how to clean your washer.
Using your Samsung front-load washer without regular cleaning will do more harm than good to your washer and clothes.
As you use your washer, detergent residues, dirt, grime, and other minerals from laundry detergents can cause molds, mildew, and odors to grow and build up in your Samsung washer.
This can cause your washer to develop a bad smell and not function efficiently as it should.
Cleaning your Samsung front load washer is vital for keeping it working well and lasting longer.
In this article, you will learn how to properly clean all parts of your Samsung front-load washing machine:
- Pump filter
- Inlet filters
- Exterior parts
Continue reading to learn how to clean your Samsung front-load washing machine step-by-step.
Table of Contents
Cleaning Samsung front load washing machine
There are some basic supplies needed to clean your Samsung front load washing machine.
These are probably items you have already in your home so you may be just fine using them.
- Washer cleaner
- Baking soda
How to clean Samsung front load washing machine drum
Your Samsung front load washing machine drum can be a breeding place for germs and bacteria which can affect the quality and output of your laundry.
Here are the steps to clean your Samsung front-load washing machine drum:
- Start by unplugging the machine from the power supply.
- Remove any laundry from the drum of your washer.
- Pour washer cleaner into your washer and run an empty wash at the highest temperature of 203 °F (95°)
- Wipe the inside and outside of the drum with a damp towel and leave the door open to completely air dry.
- In the absence of a washer cleaner, you can use one cup of white vinegar. But this should only be done occasionally as too much vinegar can cause wear in your tub with time.
- Samsung recommends that you clean your Samsung front load washer at least every 30 days.
- Always keep your drum dry by leaving the door open for some time to limit the build-up of moisture and mold in your drum.
How to clean Samsung front load washing machine detergent compartment
Detergent buildup in the dispenser drawer can spoil your laundry and also cause your Samsung front-load washing machine to dispense very slowly.
It helps to clean your dispenser drawer frequently so as to have shiny clean laundry always.
Here are the easy steps to clean your Samsung front load dispenser drawer:
- Remove your detergent dispenser by pulling it out gently but with little force.
- Scrub the drawer thoroughly with a brush removing all detergent residuals.
- Clean inside the dispenser housing thoroughly.
- Rinse the dispenser, dry it, and then replace it back in its position.
How to clean Samsung front load washer drain pump filter or trap
Samsung front-load washing machines have a trap that is used to trap larger residues like buttons and coins from clothes, which could block your drain system.
A clogged pump filter can cause poor performance in your Samsung front-load washing machine.
It is one of the common reasons for smell and poor drainage in a washing machine.
You need to regularly clean the drain pump filter to ensure your front load washing machine is working efficiently and effectively.
It is recommended to check and clean the filter 5 or 6 times a year.
These are the steps to clean your Samsung front load washing machine drain pump filter:
- Disconnect your washer from the power supply.
- Locate the pump filter panel at the bottom left-hand side of your Samsung front-load washing machine.
- Place a towel beneath to catch any water that may flow when you open the filter.
- Open the panel using a flat screwdriver.
- You’ll see a small drain tube inside the panel where the filter is located.
- Lower the small tube to drain any excess water into a small cup or bowl.
- After draining the excess water, remove the filter by turning it clockwise.
- Clean and remove all debris and other particles in the filter.
- Wash the filter thoroughly under running water and rinse with hot water.
- Check inside the filter hole, remove any foreign objects, and clean the inside with a towel.
- Insert your finger in the hole and check that the pump impellers at the back rotate.
- Screw the pump filter back onto the washer by turning it anti-clockwise. Make sure it’s tightened to prevent any leakage. And screw back the panel.
How to clean Samsung front load washer inlet filter
The water inlet valve filter may get clogged with debris and other particles from hard water that flows into your Samsung front load washing during a wash cycle.
This can cause a slow flow of water into your Samsung front-load washing machine and increase the time it takes to finish your laundry.
Your Samsung front load washer will display an error message (5E or 5C) when there’s a blockage in the inflow of water.
Follow these steps to clean your Samsung front-load washing machine inlet filter:
- Start by closing your water supply tap.
- Unscrew the cap connecting your water pipe and the inlet valve which is located at the back of your Samsung front-load washing machine.
- Remove the filter from the inlet valve by pulling it out.
- Use a soft brush to remove debris and other particles from the filter. And wash with baking soda for thorough cleaning.
- Dry the filter thoroughly before putting it back.
Tip: It is recommended to replace your filters once every year.
How to clean Samsung front load door Seal or gasket
The water you use for washing can contain particles that accumulate and get stuck in the door seal or gasket which can cause molds and mildew.
- To clean your washer seal, use a damp cloth and soapy water.
- Carefully wipe around the seal, and if any dirt remains use a toothbrush to scrub the surface.
- Dry your seal with a cloth after every wash cycle to prevent molds and mildew from forming in the seal.
Cleaning Samsung front load washing machine door and exterior parts
Finally, you will need to clean the exterior of your Samsung front-load washing machine.
Follow the steps below:
- Spritz a mild detergent and warm water mixture on a cloth and clean the inside and outside of the door until it’s clean.
- Wipe the outside of your Samsung front-load washing machine with lukewarm water and mild detergent.
- Wipe your washer dry with a soft cloth.
Tip: Avoid using any abrasives or alcoholic liquids to clean your washer. Always use natural constituents.
Do not hose down your washer with water since washers aren’t completely waterproof!
What to do after using your Samsung front-load washing machine
There are certain basic etiquettes that will allow your washer to last very long without trouble.
Do these anytime you finish using your Samsung washer:
- Press the power button to turn off your washer
- Turn off the plug or power supply to your washer
- Turn off both hot and cold water taps where applicable
- Always leave the door open for about an hour or two, to allow moisture inside the washer to evaporate.
Read other related articles on our blog:
- Samsung Washer Out of Balance? (All You Need To Know)
- Do all Samsung washers have filters? (Quick Answer)
- Amana Top Load Washer Filter Location (How To Locate)
- Samsung Top Load Washer Filter Location (How To Locate)
- Can You Use Epsom Salts In Washing Machine? (All You Need To Know)
- Samsung Perm Press (What, When, And How To Use It)