If your Hotpoint washing machine displays the F05 error code, it indicates a waste pipe blockage or a pump issue and it can’t pump out water as a result.
When you get the F05 error, your washer’s door will not open or the door can be opened but water remains inside the drum.
Hotpoint washing machines display these error codes when there’s something wrong with your washer. This helps you know the problem and how you can go about fixing it or getting it fixed.
So what do you do if you see F05 on your Hotpoint washing machine?
In this article, we will show you how to fix the F05 error on your Hotpoint washer easily and fast.
How to fix F05 error on Hotpoint washer
The F05 error is an easy error to fix by yourself without having to call a technician.
It can be shown on a digital display or through a system of flashing lights depending on your washer model.
To troubleshoot a Hotpoint washing machine showing the F05 error code, follow these steps:
- Disconnect the grey ribbed pipe from the spigot under the sink and place it into a bowl or bucket.
- Run the machine on a spin/drain cycle and check if water drains into the container.
- If water drains, the issue may be with your plumbing. If not, there might be a blockage in the machine.
- If the problem persists, pull out the washing machine and tilt it back about 45 degrees.
- Remove the plastic cover on the bottom right of the machine and place a towel and bowl underneath.
- Find and remove the black circular filter cap.
- Check the cavity for obstructions and ensure the impeller spins freely.
- Reassemble in reverse order and test the machine.
General steps to fix F05 errors:
- Check the Pump Filter: Clear any blockages in the pump’s filter, which could be obstructing water flow.
- Inspect the Waste Water Hose: Look for kinks or obstructions in the hose that might hinder drainage.
- Secure Waste Connections: Ensure all connections are properly secured and free from debris.
- Seek Professional Help: If these steps don’t resolve the issue, it may be necessary to contact a professional engineer.
Where is the pump filter on a Hotpoint washing machine?
The pump filter on a Hotpoint washing machine is typically located at the front bottom part of the machine. You’ll often find it behind a small door or panel. Once you open this panel, you should see a round, cap-like component, which is the pump filter.
It’s important to place a towel and a bowl underneath when opening the filter, as water may spill out. Always ensure the machine is switched off and unplugged before attempting to access or clean the pump filter.
Dealing with the F05 error code on Hotpoint and Indesit washing machines can be straightforward if you follow the correct steps.
Check the pump filter and inspect the waste water hose. You can often resolve the issue without professional help. However, if these solutions don’t work, don’t hesitate to contact a technician for further assistance.
Regular maintenance and being vigilant about the signs your washing machine displays can help prevent future problems and extend the life of your appliance.